|Ingredients||Seafood, Vegetables, Beverage Alcohol|
|Day Part||Dinner, Lunch, Snack|
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
Seared salmon fillets are served in a warm bowl of an artichoke, leek and tomato mix for a unique presentation that is sure to please.
10 1⁄2 lb. Alaska salmon fillets, cut into 24, 7-oz. pieces
Salt, and pepper, to taste
3⁄4 cup olive oil
4 tbsp. minced garlic
6 cups canned artichokes, cut into 1⁄8-in. wedges
3 cups julienned leeks
4 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
3 cups white wine
3 cups fish stock
1⁄3 lb. butter
3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
1. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat griddle to 425ºF.
3. Lightly oil griddle and cook salmon 3-4 min. to sear on one side. Place salmon on sheet pan, seared side up. Cook in 425ºF oven for 6-8 min., or until desired doneness. Remove and keep warm.
4. In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic, artichokes, leeks, tomatoes, and white wine. Bring to a boil and cook to reduce liquid by half.
5. Add fish stock, bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer. Add the butter and stir to
melt. Add basil and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Per serving, put one seared salmon piece in a warm soup bowl or on plate and top with 1 cup of artichoke mix.