Mexican soup with a healthy twist - rich chicken base, white meat chicken plus crunchy tortilla strips and hot sauce for a spicy kick.
1/2 cup All Natural Canola Oil
2 lbs Organic, Free Range, Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cut into Strips
2 cups Onions, Yellow, Fresh, Small Diced
1 cup Green Bell Peppers, Sweet, Fresh, Small Diced
2 cups Carrots, Fresh, Small Diced
1 Tbsp & 1 tsp Garlic, Minced
1 1/4 qts Water, Hot
1/3 cup & 1 Tbsp Custom Culinary® Master’s Touch® All Natural Reduced Sodium Chicken Base
2 qts All Natural Whole Canned Red Tomatoes, No Salt, Diced
1 cup Organic Picante Sauce
1 Tbsp & 1 tsp Cumin, Ground
2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Black Pepper, Ground
1 tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
2 2/3 cups Whole Wheat Tortillas, Julienne Cut, 1.5" Strips
- In a large bowl, combine oil, chicken, onions, peppers, carrots, and garlic, mixing until chicken is evenly coated with oil.
- In a 6 qt sauce pot over medium high heat, sauté chicken until evenly browned, stirring frequently.
- In a food processor, combine water, Master’s Touch® All Natural Reduced Sodium Chicken Base, tomatoes, picante sauce, cumin, chili, black pepper and pepper sauce. Puree 3 minutes.
- Add tomato mixture to sautéed chicken. Heat to boiling over medium high heat. Reduce heat and gently boil 15 minutes.
- Slowly add tortilla strips while stirring.
Recommended Product: 5117 Master’s Touch® All Natural Reduced Sodium Chicken Base