When they're trying to keep a toddler from throwing food on the floor or prevent restless children from running around a restaurant, it would seem that dining out with kids is not the most rewarding experience for parents. But moms and dads surveyed recently by Restaurant.com claim that they enjoy going to restaurants as a family.
- 59% of parents dine out with their children once a week or more
- 70% say that going out to eat with their kids is a great way to spend time with the family
- 66% of parents feel that taking children out to eat offers educational benefits and provides the opportunity to try new foods they normally would not have at home
- 57% say that eating out is a good time to emphasize good table manners
- 40% of parents report that "American" was their family’s favorite cuisine. Italian came in second with 25% of the votes, followed by Mexican with 21%
- Nearly all respondents (96%) have used a coupon or a deal when dining out with their children, with 37% reporting they do so more often than not
- As far as keeping young diners occupied, 74% say that "good, old-fashioned conversation" is the best entertainment. Crayons and paper came in second at 37%