Carmike, operator of 252 movie theaters, recently reported a 7.3 percent fourth-quarter increase in sales and a $4.29 average spend per customer at concessions. The entertainment company says it intends to sell more food to movie-goers, in part, by outfitting theaters with a casual-dining concept called Bogart’s, which it acquired through the purchase of another theater operator.
- Lawsuit: McDonald’s pushing out an older franchisee
- Scooter’s Coffee putting its growth into high gear
- Survey shows Chipotle has some work to do
- Olive Garden parent reels off positive comps, a host of surprises
- Pieology closes units amid a ‘restructuring’