Carmike, operator of 252 movie theaters, recently reported a 7.3 percent fourth-quarter increase in sales and a $4.29 average spend per customer at concessions. The entertainment company says it intends to sell more food to movie-goers, in part, by outfitting theaters with a casual-dining concept called Bogart’s, which it acquired through the purchase of another theater operator.
- What Bill Ackman sees in Starbucks
- Papa John’s restructures management
- McDonald’s franchisees seek a 'positive' impact
- Who could buy Papa John’s?
- Black Box: 3Q same-store sales best in 3 years