Carmike, operator of 252 movie theaters, recently reported a 7.3 percent fourth-quarter increase in sales and a $4.29 average spend per customer at concessions. The entertainment company says it intends to sell more food to movie-goers, in part, by outfitting theaters with a casual-dining concept called Bogart’s, which it acquired through the purchase of another theater operator.
- Should Papa John’s be sold?
- Cost increases hurt Luby’s Cafeteria
- What High Bluff Capital sees in Quiznos
- What’s the next step for Papa John’s?
- Black Box: Same-store sales improve in June