Restaurateurs who dislike being reviewed by rank amateurs may be heartened by the release of an app by a website that calls itself the “anti-Yelp.” Taste Savant aggregates reviews from critics, famous chefs, bloggers and “friends” users follow. App users also can directly access OpenTable and GrubHub, see menus and find deals through the app. Taste Savant covers about 1,000 restaurants, with more promised.
- BJ’s partners with Grubhub to launch online ordering, delivery and corporate catering
- Subway announces new chief digital officer
- Panera Bread tests voice ordering for off-premise
- Shake Shack to open kiosk-only, cashless unit
- Amazon gets rude restaurant intro with Whole Foods hacking