Honey Fennel Chicken Crostini
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
This flavor-forward crostini would make a great starter for dinner or a catered event.
1 Granny Smith apple, diced
1/2 fennel bulb, diced
1 tbsp. honey, sage pollen
1 tbsp. dark rum
2 naan, each cut into 6 wedges
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 tbsp. granulated honey
1 fennel top, for garnish
1. Sweat diced apples and fennel until soft.
2. Add rum and honey. Reduce until thick.
3. Season thighs with salt and pepper.
4. Grill chicken thighs until cooked through. Slice.
5. Fry naan. Season naan with salt, pepper and honey powder.
6. Top naan with chicken and cooked apple mixture. Garnish with fennel fronds.
Photo by Scott Curty