Oyster Mushroom Pizza with Herbed Cheese
|Menu Part||Appetizer/Small Plate|
Chef Christophe Joignant
Capital City Club
Creamy herbed cheese comes in convenient IQF cubes to ease the preparation of this pizza. Chef Christophe Joignant of Capital City Club pairs the cheese with earthy oyster mushrooms, shallots and arugula for a different twist on pizza topping.
6 oz. fresh oyster mushrooms, trimmed
2 tbsp. clarified butter
Kosher salt and ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
1½ lb. shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
9 oz. frozen pizza dough, thawed
5 oz. frozen gournay cheese cubes with garlic and fines herbs
1 cup arugula leaves
- Preheat oven to 300 F. In medium bowl, toss mushrooms with butter and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat 3 tbsp. olive oil. Add shallots and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to brown.
- Reduce heat and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes longer until tender and golden. Reduce heat to low; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until very soft and deep golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Raise oven temperature to 475 F. Place rack in middle position.
- Stretch pizza dough into 12-inch round and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread caramelized shallots over top; spread mushrooms over shallots. Distribute cheese cubes over mushrooms. Bake pizza 14 to 16 minutes until underside is golden and cheese begins to brown.
- Toss arugula with remaining tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Distribute over baked pizza. Cut into slices to serve.
Photo courtesy of Boursin Professional