The difference between a comfort food and a boringly safe menu option can be thinner than the crust on a classic baked macaroni and cheese. New research from Technomic shows how restaurants are trying to put some va-va-voom into that particular staple, which today can...
- Filet Mignon, Empire Steak House, New York City
- Fusilli in Cartoccio, Roberto's Restaurant, Bronx, N.Y.
- Famous Ferdi Special, Mother's Restaurant, New Orleans
- Langoustines, Costa di Mare at the Wynn Hotel, Las Vegas
- Original Cheddar Fries, Snuffer's Restaurant & Bar, Dallas
- Berkshire Pig Head Carnitas, CBD Provisions, Dallas
- Roasted Marrow Bones, Brasserie Ten Ten, Boulder, Colo.