|Ingredients||Cheese, Pork, Eggs, Bread|
Source: California Milk Advisory Board
Breakfast sandwiches are the choice for busy grab-and-go morning customers and appear on 42 percent of restaurant menus, says Food Genius. Portability and speed rule for weekday breakfast eaters, but they also crave high-quality, flavorful ingredients. The sharp cheddar, bacon, potatoes, eggs and chives in this hearty sandwich fit the bill.
12 tbsp. butter, at room temperature
6 tbsp. minced fresh chives
6 lb. small Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/4-in. slices
Salt and pepper, to taste
48 slices levain or country-style bread
72 slices sharp cheddar cheese
48 slices cooked bacon
24 large eggs
- Cream together butter and chives to make chive butter.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread potatoes on a greased sheet pan in one layer. Sprinkle with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast 15 to 20 min. or until fork-tender and a lightly browned.
- Per serving, to order: Preheat oven to 450°F. Spread 1 1/2 tsp. chive butter on one side of 2 slices of bread. Place bread, buttered side down, on work surface. Place 3 slices cheese on 1 bread slice; top with 2 oz. roasted potatoes and 2 bacon slices.
- Place open-face sandwich on hot sheet pan and place in preheated oven. Bake 5 min. or until cheese melts and bread is lightly browned.
- Cook 1 egg over easy on griddle. Place egg on top of bacon; close sandwich with second slice of bread. Place in oven 30 to 60 seconds or until bread is toasted.