Maple Blueberry Cheesecake
Source: Hampden Bakery
Bring a taste of the Northwoods to your guests with this unique cheesecake featuring maple sugar and fresh blueberries.
3 lb. graham cracker crumbs
1 lb. 8 oz. butter, melted
6 lb. 8 oz. cream cheese
1 lb. 10 oz. maple sugar
2 1/2 oz. full-strength bread flour
1 oz. vanilla extract
1 lb. 2 3/4 oz. cage-free eggs
1 lb. 10 oz. sour cream
4 lb. fresh blueberries
1 oz. all-purpose flour
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- Press 4 pounds, 8 ounces graham cracker mixture into bottom of sheet pan. Add collar.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and bread flour. Mix at first speed 1 minute, then third speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth.
- Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Scrape down bowl. Mix 3 to 5 minutes.
- Dredge blueberries in 1 ounce flour, fold into batter.
- Spread 15 pounds batter evenly over graham cracker crust.
- Bake at 280°F for 50 to 60 minutes, steam at a full 3 minutes initially. Steam again 3 times at 3 minutes after baking for 30 minutes. When checking doneness, gently shake the pan to see if batter jiggles very, very slightly. If it jiggles a lot, it’s not done. If it doesn’t jiggle at all, it’s overbaked.