Maple Bread Pudding
Source: Hampden Bakery
Need to use up leftover bread, but don't want to make French toast? This sweet maple bread pudding is just the ticket.
3 each French baguettes
5 lb. 7 oz. heavy cream
1 lb. cage-free eggs
12 oz. maple sugar
1/4 oz. vanilla extract
11 1/4 oz. golden raisins
1 lb. 1 3/4 oz. granulated sugar
- Cut 2 pounds, 4 ounces bread into 1-inch cubes. Put into hotel pans. Add 10 ounces raisins over bread cubes (about 1 3/4 loaves per pan).
- In mixing bowl, add heavy cream, eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well, until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour cream mixture into pans with bread cubes. Press bread down to soak in cream mixture. More cream may be added. Soak for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake in oven at 325°F for about 35 to 45 minutes, or until done.
- Allow bread pudding to cool after baking.