These Prosciutto-wrapped cheesecakes can be served at cocktail buffets, as an appetizer or even as the entree for a light lunch or supper.
1 tbsp. butter
2 shallots, minced
1 cup heavy cream
4 oz. sliced Prosciutto di Parma
5 oz. soft garlic-herb cheese
4 oz. soft goat cheese
4 oz. Jarlsberg cheese, finely shredded
2 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
2 large eggs
Dry bread crumbs
Microgreens and cherry tomatoes, for garnish
1. Melt butter in sauté pan over med. heat. Add shallots; sauté 5 min., until soft. Stir in cream; simmer until reduced to 1⁄2 cup. Cool.
2. Reserve 4 slices of prosciutto; dice remainder.
3. In bowl, blend cheeses with heavy cream mixture. Add diced prosciutto and thyme; mix in eggs until well blended.
4. Butter bottoms of four 3-4 in. diameter springform pans or molds; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Divide cheese mixture among pans. Bake at 350°F for 30-40 min., until set.
5. To serve, unmold and wrap each cheesecake with a slice of lightly griddled prosciutto. Accompany with microgreens and cherry tomatoes.