Source: University of Maine
From bacon crumbles to shrimp and scallops, this pasta dish is great for a special entrée option.
1/4 lb. fettuccini noodles
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tbsp. chopped garlic
2 tbsp. diced onion
3/4 oz. bacon crumbles
1/4 lb. Maine shrimp
1/4 lb. bay scallops (30/40ct)
1/2 cup chardonnay
1/2 tbsp. half-and-half
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup liquid eggs
1 oz. Maine lobster meat
1/8 tsp. coarse black pepper
1/8 tsp. chopped parsley
- Cook spaghetti in lightly salted water.
- Sauté onions, garlic and diced bacon in olive oil. Sear shrimp and scallops. Add white wine and reduce. Hold this mixture hot.
- Mix eggs, half-and-half and Parmesan cheese in bowl.
- When spaghetti is cooked, drain and toss egg mixture into hot pasta.
- Toss in seafood mixture after eggs are fully cooked and add lobster.
- Garnish with generous sprinkling of coarse black pepper and freshly chopped parsley.
Carbonara means "Coal Miner's Style" and the black pepper represents coal dust.