Culver Franchising Systems Inc.
Culver’s offers different take on a breakfast sandwich, layering hash browns on grilled bread along with cheese, mushrooms and green bell peppers. A zesty Parmesan-garlic spread further differentiates the sandwich, which can easily morph into a lunch item.
2 tsp. butter
Garlic, finely minced, to taste
1 tsp. Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. canola oil
1 cup potatoes, diced
1/8 tsp. salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
2 slices potato-chive bread or hearty Italian bread
1/4 cup shredded cheese blend
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup tomato, diced
1. For Parmesan-garlic spread: In small bowl, combine butter, garlic and parmesan cheese; set aside.
2. On oiled griddle, place potatoes; cook 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown. Turn potatoes over, season with salt and pepper and cook 1 minute longer.
3. Spread outside of both slices of bread with Parmesan-garlic spread and grill until golden brown. Top one slice of bread with shredded cheese blend, allowing it to melt (cover if necessary.)
4. On same oiled griddle, place green pepper, mushrooms and tomato; saute for a few minutes.
5. To assemble, placed browned potatoes on slice of bread without cheese; add cooked vegetables and top with second slice of bread, melted cheese-side face down. Remove from griddle, cut in half and serve.
Photo courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission