Source: Muhlenberg College (Allentown, Pa.)
With few ingredients, these matzoh balls are easy to prepare.
2 cups liquid eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup ice cold water
1/5 cups matzo meal
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper and salt mixture
8 qts. water
2 tsp. table salt
- In large bowl, mix eggs, oil and ice water together. Add matzo meal and salt and pepper mixture; mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Bring 8 quarts water and table salt to a boil in appropriate sized pot over low flame.
- Wet palms of hands with cold water and form matzo meal mixture into balls with 3-ounce scoop. Drop balls into simmering water.
- Cover pot and cook for 30 minutes, keeping cover on pot during entire cook time.
- Remove matzo ball from pot with slotted spoon; cool for 20 minutes or until firm.