Most operators know the importance of Mother’s Day on the bottom line.
And newly released data shows what sort of impact restaurateurs may see this Sunday.
- Americans spend more than three times as much at restaurants on Mother’s Day as they do on any other gift or activity, according to data firm Cardlytics.
- Forty-two percent of all restaurant spending on Mother’s Day happens in the Southern U.S.
- Some 87 million adults will visit a restaurant on Mother’s Day this year, according to the National Restaurant Association.
- That means 34% of all adults will observe the holiday at a restaurant, the association says. Of that number, nearly 50% will take mom out to dinner, 35% will go to lunch, 24% will take mom to brunch and 11% plan to treat her to breakfast.
- Just 8% of adults surveyed said they plan to order takeout or delivery on Mother’s Day, the association found.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a Restaurant Business member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.