Many small restaurant businesses offer good benefits to attract good employees, but these benefits come with many regulations that are important for operators to know.
As you begin the process of rehiring employees, learn about common mistakes—and how to avoid compliance penalties. Get details on the following:
1. Ask only limited health questions, even with COVID-19.
2. Protect employees’ information under HIPA.
3. Make a cybersecurity plan.
4. Track hours and classify employees correctly.
5. Count employee hours carefully to make health insurance decisions.
6. Send the right notifications to employees about welfare benefit plans.
7. Notify employees they can continue health insurance under COBRA.
8. Manage eligibility for pretax cafeteria plans.
Read the full story.