Healthier choices, more local produce and rising menu prices are just a few of the trends restaurants are expecting to see in 2013, according to Restaurant.com, a site that offers discounts to diners. The popular site recently polled 106 fast-casual, QSR and full-service restaurants across the country to find out what’s on operators’ radar in 2013.
What the survey revealed:
- 80% of polled restaurants say they will include more healthy menu items in 2013
- 43% of restaurateurs thought vegetable dishes will be a trend in 2013
- 62% of respondents are seeking locally sourced produce in 2013
- 35% of those surveyed picked specialty cocktails and mocktails as a 2013 trend
- 85% of restaurants plan to add new items to their 2013 menus
- 70% of those surveyed intend to raise prices in 2013
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a Restaurant Business member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.