Kevin Nelson is the new vice president of operations for Zunzi’s, the Savannah, Ga.-based fast-casual sandwich chain and its beach bar-themed sister concept Zunzibar. Nelson is the former vice president of operations for Cambridge Franchise Holdings, which operated more than 200 Burger King and Popeyes restaurants. He also spent 12 years with Monument Restaurants, opening 95 Five Guys and 10 Krispy Kreme shops.
Mike Reinert joins Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken as vice president of procurement. Reinert brings years of experience in supply chain management to the chain. Most recently, Reinert served as vice president of procurement at Oak View Group. He has also held the role of VP of procurement at Delaware North.
Cameron Kronemeyer has been named director of F&B for Staypineapple Hotels, a Bellevue, Wash.-based hospitality group with 10 hotels and four restaurants. Kronemeyer was most recently director of retail operations for Mark Ryan Winery, and he served previously in district manager positions for several chains, including MOD Pizza, Potbelly and Jamba Juice.
The new Fontainebleau Las Vegas is scheduled to open on the strip in December. A new resort means a new food-and-beverage team. Here are the top appointments:
- Anthony Olheiser has been named senior vice president of F&B. His experience includes several executive positions on the Vegas strip, and he is a former director of food and beverage for The Ritz Carlton in Los Angeles and JW Marriott Los Angeles at LA Live.
- Joseph Leibowitz is vice president of culinary. He served previously as vice president of culinary operations for Michael Mina Group.
- Patrice Caillot is executive pastry chef. Caillot's past experience includes executive pastry chef roles at New York’s Lespinasse and Osteria Del Circo by Le Cirque.
- Michael MacDonnell is executive director of food and beverage operations. He previously spent five years as vice president of F&B for Atlantis Paradise Island in Nassau, Bahamas.
- Juyoung Kang is director of beverage development. She previously was F&B manager at Bond St. Restaurant and Lounge at the Thompson Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
- Kevin Reilly is director of wine and spirits. A master sommelier, Reilly served previously as director of operations and beverage director for Taub Family Outpost in Sonoma, Calif.
And at Fontainebleau Development’s headquarters in Miami, David Snyder has been named senior vice president of culinary for the real estate development group. Snyder has a long history with high-end resorts on the Vegas strip, serving previously on the leadership team that opened six Wynn Resorts worldwide.
Also this week, First Watch named Matt Eisenacher chief brand officer.
CKE Restaurant Holdings, the owner of Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. added new executives.
And former Topgolf executive William Davenport has joined Velvet Taco as CFO.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a Restaurant Business member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.