Walk-On's Sports Bistreaux is expanding from its roots in the bayou to open a corporate office in Atlanta.
The satellite to its Baton Rouge, La., headquarters will help support the sports-bar chain's growth, the company said Tuesday. It will house the finance, analytics and technology departments as well as the CFO—a position Walk-On's is looking to fill this year.
The office will open in the first quarter.
Founded in 2003, Walk-On's has 61 locations and another 100 in various stages of development. It has expanded quickly behind a 2020 investment from 10 Point Capital.
"Louisiana will always be the heartbeat and home of our brand, but our incredible growth and vision to be more than a restaurant demands that we do everything possible to field a best-in-class team across all areas of the business," said Brandon Landry, Walk-On's founder and CEO, in a statement. "The Baton Rouge and Atlanta offices will work as one, with a culture and team-first mindset, to fuel the next phase of Walk-On's growth."
As part of the announcement, Walk-On's revealed two recent leadership hires who will be based in the new office.
- Jared Hinshaw, VP of IT, joins the company from Inspire Brands, where he oversaw digital and data for Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Jimmy John's, Sonic, Dunkin' and Baskin-Robbins.
- John Stack, VP of financial planning and analysis, joins Walk-On's from InterContinental Hotels Group, where he was director of technology business management.
The chain also announced the following promotions:
- Jairo Gualdron was promoted to vice president, finance.
- Kelly Parker was promoted to senior director, franchise relations.
- Eric Kindon was promoted to senior director, construction.
- Cody Vercher was promoted to director, franchise operations.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a Restaurant Business member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.