HOUSTON (January 24, 2012 - Globe Newswire)—Sysco Corporation has launched the Sysco Chef Ref mobile app to provide those who love to prepare food with a handy source for thousands of recipes and meal ideas. Designed for Sysco customers and restaurant patrons, Chef Ref also includes trends, tools, a restaurant finder and instructional videos to simplify even the most complicated culinary techniques.
"Chef Ref's features include tools such as shopping lists and automatic updates. It's easy to find and share recipes and ideas. Nothing in the food service distribution industry can compare," said Larry Pulliam, Sysco's Executive Vice President and Group President.
Tony Romanelli, Chef Consultant at Sysco Chicago, added, "The app was very easy to navigate, and I like that you can just type an item in the recipe section and lots of options come up."
Chef Ref's recipes are created and tested by Sysco's in-house professional chefs, as well as by key suppliers, industry boards and industry councils. The videos are crafted to help food service operators make their businesses more profitable.
Chef Ref segments include:
- Special Features – industry news, cuisine trends and up-to-the-minute meal ideas
- Recipes – thousands of recipes from chefs and suppliers across the nation, customized with Sysco-exclusive ingredients
- Automatic Updates – the latest on-trend recipes
- Favorites – a list of your top quick-find recipes
- Shopping List – ingredients from any recipe for easy shopping
- Serving Sizes – tips to help cooks scale up and down as necessary
- Videos – step-by-step visual instructions on recipes, food safety and product information (all featuring Sysco chefs)
- Categories – search by keyword, ingredient, recipe type or menu category
- Timer – a handy alternative to your oven timer, which starts and stops with a touch
- Extras – a way to share favorite recipes on Facebook and Twitter and send shopping lists to your Sysco sales associate
To download the free Chef Ref app to your iPhone or iPad, go to www.chefref.sysco.com.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a Restaurant Business member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.